We all have heard about astrology and how our Zodiac signs can (possibly) have something to do with the way we are or act. Some people see it as a joke, while others defend astrology as a way of understanding life. But, whichever the case, maybe you are curious and want to know what your Zodiac sign is.
First, let’s talk a little bit about astrology. According to the Oxford Dictionary, astrology is the study of the movements and relative positions of celestial bodies (planets and stars) interpreted as having an influence on human affairs and the natural world.
Also, astrologers believe that the positions of the Sun, Moon and planets at the time of a person’s birth also have an impact on that person’s character. However, many astrologers don't necessarily believe that everything is destined. In fact, as Mia Astral puts it, it’s more about the potential of the individual.
How to know my Zodiac sign according to my birth date?
When people ask another person’s Zodiac sign, they usually refer to the solar sign. The solar sign reflects the position of the sun at the moment of your birth. Many astrologers consider that this sign reflects your personality and what you want.
While most people only care about their sun sign, you can also look up to your moon sign, your rising and your Venus sign. To find that out you can use a birth chart on the Internet or ask a professional astrologer to do it for you. However, and luckily, to know your sun sign is very simple as you only need your day and month of birth.
- Aries: March 21 – April 19
- Taurus: April 20 – May 20
- Gemini: May 21 – June 20
- Cancer: June 21 – July 22
- Leo: July 23 – August 22
- Virgo: August 23 – September 22
- Libra: September 23 – October 22
- Scorpio: October 23 – November 21
- Sagittarius: November 22 – December 21
- Capricorn: December 22 – January 19
- Aquarius: January 20 – February 18
- Pisces: February 19 – March 20
Fire, Water, Earth and Air Signs: which one are you?
Also, the zodiac signs can be divided by the elements they represent: water, air, earth and fire. Water signs are Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces. Air signs are Gemini, Libra and Aquarius. Earth signs are Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn and fire signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
- Water Signs: They are emotional, ultra-sensitive and highly intuitive. Water signs love profound conversations and intimacy, but also love mysteries.
- Fire Signs: They are passionate, dynamic, and temperamental. Also, they are called the “adventurers” of the Zodiac. They can be intelligent, creative and idealistic people.
- Earth Signs: They tend to be mostly conservative and realistic, but they can also be very emotional. Also, they are practical, loyal and stable.
- Air Signs: Rational, social, and love communication. They are thinkers, friendly, intellectual, communicative and analytical.