Sports aren't anything without fans, and baseball isn't the exception to that rule. Last year, empty ballparks were just depressing and took away a lot of the fun of the game, let's not going to lie.
That's why it's such great news to know that - even though attendance will be limited - fans are back in the stadium for the 2021 MLB season. And judging for the first couple of games, it's been a massive success. Hopefully, we'll finish the season with stadiums packed at maximum capacity once again.
Fans clearly missed the game as much as the game missed them. That's why there was a big spike in jersey sales over the past couple of weeks. But, who has the most popular jersey for the 2021 Major League Baseball season? Let's find out.
Mookie Betts Leads Major League Baseball In Jersey Sales For This Season
Unsurprisingly, the reigning World Series champions Los Angeles Dodgers are the most popular team in the world right now, with 3 players (Clayton Kershaw, Cody Bellinger, Mookie Betts) in the top 10, including the first two spots.
10. Mike Trout - OF, Los Angeles Angels
9. Kiké Hernández - OF/2B, Boston Red Sox
8. Francisco Lindor - SS, New York Mets
7. Ronald Acuña Jr - OF, Atlanta Braves
6. Aaron Judge - OF, New York Yankees
5. Clayton Kershaw - SP, Los Angeles Dodgers
4. Bryce Harper - OF, Philadelphia Phillies
3. Fernando Tatis Jr - SS, San Diego Padres
2. Cody Bellinger - OF, Los Angeles Dodgers
1. Mookie Betts - OF, Los Angeles Dodgers
Mookie Betts keeps cementing himself as one of the biggest superstars in the world, topping all players in sales, even ahead of rising stars like Ronald Acuña Jr, Fernando Tatis Jr, and the recently-signed Francisco Lindor.